NOTE: THIS IS 100% PURE PREMIUM CASTOR OIL. IT MAY BE USED "AS IS", FOR HAIR OR SKIN. IT MAY ALSO BE ADDED TO YOUR CONDITIONER, SHAMPOO OR HAIR CREAM. It may also be used for a twist out. A LITTLE GOES A LONG WAY.
Details about how to use castor oil to obtain this style are listed below.
Day 1 Twist Out
Day 5 (Same Twist Out) (Different lighting made hair look like it was a different color, however, this is the same twist out. Day 1 and Day 5.)
Try the "NGR Rockin' Moisture Kit". Click here for more information.
What is castor oil?
Castor oil is extracted from the seeds of the castor bean plant. Since time immemorial the oil is used for a various hair and skin care problems. It is regarded as valuable oil due to its myriad uses. This liquid oil can be colorless or very pale yellow in color with mild or no odor or taste. When you touch this oil, it feels thick and sticky. As this get absorbs fast and easily into skin and scalp cells, it is one of the most popular ingredients used in many skin and hair care products.
Why is castor oil popular?
Castor oil has been used for generation and even today there is a huge demand for this oil in the market. The simple reason behind the popularity of castor oil is due to its curative and medicinal properties. The Ricinoleic acid found in castor oil help in getting rid of bacterial and fungal infection on the scalp that causes hair loss. This oil is also used extensively in many popularhome remedies for hair growth.
Stimulates Hair Growth:
When it comes to hair growth castor oil is really good. When you massage with castor oil it stimulate the hair follicles leading to new and faster hair growth. Also as this oil gets easily absorbed by the scalp, it helps hair follicles to grow additional hair.
Regular use of castor oil also conditions the scalp and hair. Well conditioned hair means healthier hair and better texture. Healthy hair strands appear thicker as compared to unhealthy hair strands. This hair oil must be used by those having thin hair.
Each and every hair strand becomes stronger with the regular application of castor oil. Stronger hair stays in the follicle for a longer period of time. Thus, there will be less hair breakage and hair loss. Broken hair strands can make hair appear thinner but with castor oil you will not be facing any such problem.
Prevents Hair Loss:
Due to the anti-bacterial and anti-fungicidal properties of ricinoleic acid available in castor oil it also helps in preventing hair loss. When you apply castor oil on to your scalp it protects the scalp and hair from infections that can cause hair loss.
The omega-9 fatty acids available in castor oil keep the hair well moisturized and nourishes. It also prevents the scalp from becoming too dry. Regular application of castor oil to your scalp and roots will make dry hair soft and shiny within months. Dry scalp is one of the many reasons behind hair loss and other hair related problems.
Solves Dandruff Problem:
When you apply castor oil onto your scalp it cleanses the scalp thoroughly without leaving any trace of dry flakes. It removes the dirt and bacteria that clog the pores that often become the reason behind dandruff and hair fall. Dandruff is also caused by too much sebum production in your scalp that can be easily controlled by the anti-bacterial property of castor oil.
Cure Scalp Infections:
The healing properties of castor oil can be used to cure scalp infections and other side effects caused due to various chemical treatments. This oil will prevent your hair from becoming brittle and will promote healthy hair growth.
Acts as Lubricant:
Castor oil also works quite effectively as a lubricant for the hair. Natural lubricants produced by our body often do not reach the hair roots. Castor oil helps to maintain a healthy level of lubrication on hair and assists in keeping hair from getting tangled.
Brings Shine to Hair:
As castor oil is humectants in nature it helps in maintaining the moisture level of hair. When hair is well moisturized it will become soft, shiny and strong. It also helps in helps in curing damaged, frizzy and split ends hair.
Stops Graying Hair:
When your hair is treated with castor oil regularly, you can get rid of premature graying of hair. After massaging the scalp regularly with the oil, the color of hair will become darker and there will be no trace of gray hair.
Well, castor oil is versatile as it can solve different hair problems. It can solve simple hair problems like frizzy locks, dandruff, or split ends along with serious hair problems such as excessive hair loss and damaged locks.
What you need to know before buying castor oil?
You must always buy cold-pressed and hexane-free castor oil which is tasteless and odorless in form. Using the unrefined or purest form of castor oil will give you best results. Avoid refined, adulterated castor oil as it can clog the pores on the scalp. A bottle of castor oil will last for a long time as due to its thick nature you need to use it in very small amounts.
Best way to use castor oil:
Looking at the manifold benefits of castor oil for healthy hair, you must also give it a try. But before using castor oil for hair growth, it is essential to know how to use castor oil: Here is a step-by-step process of using castor oil:
- Always invest in good quality castor oil to enjoy its benefits. Cold-pressed and hexane-free castor oil is the best one for hair.
- Lightly mist your hair with water from a spray bottle. Using your fingertips, apply castor oil to your roots and scalp thoroughly.
- The oil should be applied on the roots and scalp. Avoid using the oil into your hair as due its thick consistency it cannot be washed out easily.
- After applying castor oil, cover your hair with a towel for at least 15 to 20 minutes or allow it to set overnight.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo to remove the castor oil.
- Follow the process once a week for two to three months to see the results.
Styling instructions on hair shown in photo:
Style: Individual two-strand twists on damp hair
1. Sectioned hair and applied an ample amount of Premium Castor Oil (for sealing in moisture).
2. Applied Eco Styler Gel for definition.
3. After applying both to each section, do two-strand twists in each section before moving on to the next. The amount of hair used for the two-strand twists will depend on the ultimate 'look' you are going for. In the photo, medium size twists were used.
4. Put on a bonnet and let dry overnight. (NOTE: Hair will be quite greasy at this point, that is normal. You may need to put a towel on you pillow for extra protection).
5. Gently untwist the individual two-strand twist and then separate into smaller sections to add volume. If you'd like more volume in one area than in another, separate that section more than the others. The more you separate, the more volume you'll have. Be careful with this step, too much separating will produce a fuzzy, less defined overall 'look'.
6. Finger style. 6. Rock your look!! (Hair colored by Natural Xpression Salon in Atlanta, Ga!)