Many of us put our hair through so much every day, with constant manipulation, the 'must have' color, the gel the promises to be 'non-drying', the flat iron (just to switch up our look a bit)...the list goes on and on...
Then there's the pollutants in the atmosphere and the sun's harsh rays.
Fortunately, you can do something to cleanse it: a homemade hair detox!
1. To clean your hair and scalp, mix 1/2-cup of baking soda to 3 cups of water that is as hot as you can handle without burning yourself.
2. Then, wet your hair thoroughly.
3. Now, pour the mixture onto your hair and massage it into your scalp and hair.
4. Rinse well
1. Make this homemade concoction to strengthen and nourish your hair. In your blender, combine one egg, 2 tablespoons of olive, avocado, sunflower, or almond oil, 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
2. Pulse the blender a few times until the mix is well blended.
3. Wet your hair thoroughly again.
4. Pour the egg and oil mix onto your hair.
5. Massage it thoroughly into your scalp and hair, paying special attention to the ends.
6. Allow the concoction to sit for a minute or two, then rinse.
1. Make a homemade hot oil treatment to repair damage from smoke, dust, and other pollutants. Combine 1/4-cup of olive, avocado, sunflower, or almond oil and 1 tablespoon of conditioner in a glass container. If you have long hair, double this recipe.
2. Boil a pan of water and remove from heat. Place the glass container in the water for two to five minutes, until hot but not burning.
3. Apply to damp hair, especially to damaged ends.
4. Cover with a shower cap and stand in a warm shower for five to 20 minutes.
5. Remove the shower cap and rinse your hair.
Credit: Article courtesy of 'WikiHow'